Cannabis is a drug that people use for medicinal as well as recreational purposes. People also call it marijuana, Mary Jane and other street names. The government of the USA is all set to legalize cannabis in different states. Most recently, 11 more states are deciding to legalize the use of cannabis. The consumption rate of marijuana is all set to go through the roofs. The market for cannabis in the USA is going to increase by as much as fifteen times within the next few years. Under these scenarios, many people are growing cannabis themselves. However, the process can be highly confusing for many. There are many complications that may present themselves for the beginners who are looking to grow themselves. If you want to avoid these situations, you must know about the different aspects of the growth process. The following are some of them:
Points to consider
- Firstly, you must always choose the right kind of soil to grow. If the soil you want is not porous enough, there may be several issues in your harvest. Loam is a suitable choice in this regard. It allows enough air to pass through. Also, this soil can hold water significantly. The nutrients are also in abundance in this soil.
- You must also make sure that you provide the needed nutrients to the soil in a timely fashion. However, it will not work unless you give the exact amount. Deciding how much fertilizers the plant needs depending upon the nature of the harvest is an art. You can only master this art with experience. So, do not worry if you fail the first few times.
- You must always pay attention to the changes in color. These changes may be an indicator of the color of trichomes. Due to these changes, many signs may get an effect. The most important one is the overall THC level. You must know what the THC level of the yield is by just looking at the leaves. If there is an amber color, it means that the yield has a light THC level. However, if the color turns into milky, it means that the THC level is high, and the experience of the yield will also be intense.
- Lighting is another crucial aspect. You must know much lightning you need to provide to the harvest to get maximum results. Different stages require different lightings — for example, a gentle light works for the starting stages but not the maturity stages. At the maturity stage, you must provide intense light.
- The temperature control is essential to consider here as well. The most suitable temperature for growing is 18-25 degrees centigrade. If the temperature is any lower or any higher than this, the yield will have negative impacts. You may want to use a temperature control device for this purpose.
These are some of the main points that you need to consider in this regard.
The 10 Best Low Odor Strains For Growing Weed Indoors! (Low Smell)
To get high-quality weed at low costs, your best bet is to grow marijuana yourself. However, this is by no means an easy task. Many people try to grow weed themselves today. However, a common complaint amongst them is the smell of the plants. The scent itself may not bother you. However, it makes clear to anyone in or near the room that you are growing weed. If you want to avoid this issue, you have come to the right place. We will explain what you can do to prevent the smell of growing weed indoors.
Top ten low odor strains
- Northern Lights
- Northern Cheese
- Polar Express
- Blue Mystic
- BC Mango
- Jack Herer
- Green Ninja
- Hash Bomb
- Master Kush
- Wipeout Express
Now that you know about the best strains for a low odor, it is important to tell you about some important considerations as well. If you fail to factor in these points, using these strains will be of little or no use. One of the most important aspects here is the size of the strain. Anyone who has experience in growing will tell you that the strains that are bigger in format will have a stronger odor. It is because they have more material that emits the odor. Hence, you must avoid the usage of strains that are bigger in size. Instead, it would help if you preferred strains that have smaller sizes. Also, the density of growth is an essential factor as well. The plants must never be in small proximity to one another. If you are looking to avoid the odor, it is ideal if you keep the different plants in different locations. This way, the smell of the plants will reduce. You can also try some tricks to keep the odor of the plants minimal. One such method is to install air refreshers in your room. These air refreshers keep up a pleasant smell in the room that overcomes the potential odor of these plants. Also, if you use the “box within a box” technique, you can significantly reduce the smell. You will need to maintain the airflow however if you choose this technique. If not, the health of your plants will dramatically decrease.
The odor of the weed plants may be disturbing for many. One may also choose to avoid this odor to make sure the people in the surroundings do not know about you growing. However, it is essential to mention that no matter what you do, there will always be a little odor of the plants. It is not possible to overcome the fragrance of the plants thoroughly. To make sure there are no traces of any smell, you may have to perform additional tasks like covering the odor with air refreshers and other similar methods. However, you must make sure that the plans do not get affected by the use of any such purpose.
Cannabis is a recreational as well as a medical drug. Under growing pressure from the public, the government is legalizing cannabis all over the USA. It is by no means a small move. Estimates show that by 2022, the market for marijuana in the USA will grow by as much as 1,500%. Under these circumstances, you do not want to miss out on all the fun. Many people grow marijuana themselves now. However, not all of them are successful in getting high-quality output. It is because people generally choose to ignore critical technical aspects like Trichomes. If you want to take on the challenge of growing cannabis yourself, you have come to the perfect place. By the end of this article, you will have a more educated opinion on the main types of Trichomes.
What are Trichomes?
The Trichomes are present on the leaves of the cannabis plant. The primary purpose of the Trichomes is the production of cannabinoids and terpenes. There are many other chemicals as well that can work to increase the effect of cannabis. The different elements, like the THC level, also depend upon the Trichomes. There are two main types of Trichomes. This classification finds its roots in the stages of growth of the buds and the cannabis plant. These are:
1) Milky Trichomes
The milky Trichomes get their name from the white flocculent material that forms on the leaves. During the last two weeks of the harvest, the growth rate of the buds become exponential. During these two weeks, the milky Trichomes appear as well. The white color of the trichomes shows that they are now close to the final stage. During this stage, you need to be more attentive towards the details. Remove any male flowers and nurture the female flowers. Also, it is not possible for you to see the Trichomes with the naked eye. Hence, you will need to use tools like magnifying glasses to make sure you can see the exact state of the Trichomes.
2) Amber Trichomes
There comes a stage where the Trichomes turn into an amber color. When the amber color becomes visible, it means that the THC of the plant is breaking down into THC-A. If you want your harvest to provide a delightful yet light experience, you need to extract them at this point. If not, the potency will grow stronger. It all depends on how intense do you want the experience of cannabis to be.
If you do not know the difference between the colors of the Trichomes and what they mean, you will not be able to grow according to your expectations. To enhance the quality, it is essential to know about the different colors and the types of Trichomes. It will allow you to harvest cannabis at the time when it is in optimal quality. Many beginners fail to factor in this aspect. Due to this, they may fail to get the desired quality of the results.